The Malta Football Association’s Social responsibility department in collaboration with Inspire Foundation would like to present a new football project entitled ‘Football for Life’ . The aim of this project is organize football sessions for persons with a physical disability or visual impairment.
The MFA’s professional approach to football, together with Inspire’s expertise in disability will come together to hold appropriate football sessions for youths and adults who have a physical disability / visual impairment and would like to start engaging in this popular social sport.
Interested applicants need to satisfy the following criteria:
– Have a physical disability; limb amputation, difficulty in mobility, a loss of functioning of one or more limbs; OR have a visual impairment
– Be 12 years or over
– Be independently mobile with/without a mobility aid (wheelchair, prosthesis, walking frame, etc.)
– Have a medical consent stating that participant is fit to engage in physical activity.
These football sessions will be:
– FREE of charge
– Organized in a central location (venue will be confirmed at a later stage)
– Held every two weeks
– Catering for all the individual needs
– Fun, and encouraging participants to lead an active lifestyle
– Starting in mid-October 2015
Persons with a visual impairment and persons with a physical impairment might/might not participate together. This decision depends on the number of participants and their demands.
Should you be interested in being part of this project, please download and fill in thisapplication form and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Inspire Foundation, Zinzell Street, Marsaskala.