Hibernians beaten once again by Spartak Trnava

Spartak Trnava defeated Hibernians 3-0 at the Hibernians Stadium to reach the second qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League with a most comfortable 6-0 aggregate score.

An early goal killed any hopes the Paolites may have had of making a comeback and after hitting the posts, Spartak Trnava sealed the issue with a second goal early in the second half, adding another just before the final whistle.

Hibs coach Mark Miller made three changes to the team which lost in Trnava as he named Bjorn Kristensen, Jorginho and Renan Telles Pimenta in the starting line-up.

The visitors took the lead on the 4th minute as a conclusion by captain Martin Markovič was deflected by a defender, deceiving goalkeeper Justin Haber with the ball ending at the back of the net.

The Paolites replied with a diagonal shot from the right by Juan Manuel Varea which scraped past the post and a Clayton Failla freekick ending just over the bar.

On the 34th, Robert Tambe was unlucky to hit the foot of the post from close range when served by Schranz from the left. Just before half time, a Clayton Failla effort from outside the area just missed the target.

However Spartak Trnava doubled the score on the 57th when substitute Matej Oravec received an assist on the right and with a diagonal shot, he beat goalkeeper Justin Haber.

Deep into stoppage time, Robert Tambe added a third goal beating Haber with a shot from inside the area.

In the second qualifying round, Spartak Trnava will be facing FC Shirak of Armenia who defeated Dila Gori of Georgia on penalties after winning the second leg 1-0.

HIBS Justin Haber, Jonathan Pearson, Jackson de Lima Siqueira, Rodolfo dos Santos Soares, Marcelo Mariano Dias, Bjorn Kristensen, Clayton Failla (72′ Joseph Mbong), Juan Manuel Varea (79′ Jurgen Degabriele), Renan Telles Pimenta, Andrei Agius (30′ Diosdado Mbele), Jorge Pereira da Silva.

SPARTAK TRNAVA Adam Jakubech, Issiaka Bello Babatounde, Martin Mikovič, Peter Čogley, Matùš Čonka (44′ Andrej Kadlec), Boris Godàl, Ivan Schranz (64′ Erik Jirka), Emir Halilovič, Edson Correia De Araujo (50′ Matej Oravec), Robert Ndip Tambe, Lukas Gressak.

Referee: Anastasios Papapetrou (GRE)
Assistant referees: Ilias Alexeas, Ioannis Toumpakaris (GRE)
Fourth official: Ioannis Delfakis (GRE)