Hibernians, Pietà through to quarter-finals

Hibernians and Pietà Hotspurs were the first two teams to reach the quarter-finals of the FA Trophy after they both emerged as winners in two of the four fourth round matches in programme on Saturday.

At the Centenary Stadium, Hibernians found no difficulty in beating Second Division side Fgura United 4-0.

Tiago Adan Fonseca put the Paolites ahead on the 4th minute and although Andrei Agius had a penalty saved by the Fgura goalkeeper on the 8th minute, Taylon Nicolas Correa Marcolino doubled the score on the 33rd.

Nine minutes in the second half, Dunstan Vella made it 3-0. To make matters worse for Fgura, Andrew Scicluna was sent off on the 69th minute. Twelve minutes from time, Tiago Adan Fonseca added another for Hibernians.

HIBS Rudy Briffa, Dunstan Vella, Nemanja Radojevic, Joseph Mbong, Marcelo Dias (40′ Marco Sahanek), Jurgen Degabriele, Bjorn Kristensen, Isaac Ntow, Taylon Nicolas Correa Marcolino (58′ David Xuereb), Andrei Agius (79′ Timothy Tabone Desira), Tiago Adan Fonseca.
Subs not used: Andrew Hogg, Connor Zammit, Daneel Abela, Andreas Vella.
Coach: Stefano Sanderra
Asst. Coach: Ryan Pulis

FGURA Brandon Bartolo, Carl Ciantar (79′ Joshua Barbara), Jonathan Bugeja, Thomas Grech, Gilbert Martin (70′ Ian Montanaro), Joey Reno Vella, Jeremy Cassar, Andrew Scicluna, Shawn Borg, Mark Gauci, Giovanni Galea (70′ Abeeb Abiodun Williams).
Subs not used: Elton Camilleri, Justin Zammit, David Azzopardi, Rodney Caruana.
Coach: Kevin Vella
Asst. Coach: Oznef Cassar

Referee: Stefan Pace
Assistant Referees: Roberto Vella, Mitchell Scerri
Fourth Official: Glen Tonna
Yellow Cards: Agius, Vella, Dias
Red Cards: 69′ Andrew Scicluna

On the other hand, Pietà Hotspurs scored twice in the second half to beat First Division side Żejtun Corinthians 2-0 at the Hibernians Stadium.

Two minutes from the end of the first half, Żejtun were unlucky not to take the lead when they were awarded an indirect freekick inside the area after the goalkeeper handled the ball following a back pass by Christian Grech but Adrian Carabott’s effort hit the crossbar.

The Hotspurs took the lead ten minute in the second half when off a Jan Busuttil corner from the right, Christian Degabriele flicked the ball past goalkeeper Dunstan Zarb.

Pietà sealed the issue with a second goal on the 75th minute when off an assist by Dylan Agius from the right, Paul Chimezie hit low past the Żejtun goalkeeper.

PIETÀ Nicky Vella, Ose Takaki (19′ Travis Bartolo), Christian Degabriele, Neil Pace Cocks (90+2′ James Scicluna), Dylan Agius, Paul Chimezie, Jan Busuttil (87′ Nicholas Pisani), Christian Grech, Stefan Radovanovic, Uchjenna Calistus Umeh, Ishaya Irimiya Jalo.
Subs not used: Jacob Chircop St John, Samuel Okoh, Gabriel Mensah, Juan Manuel Artiaga Roa.
Coach: Ramon Zammit
Asst. Coach: Mark Vella

ZEJTUN Dunstan Zarb, Clayton Giordimaina, Ian Azzopardi, Jose Vitor Antonio Meira, Dragoljub Andelkovic, Adrian Carabott (78′ Ryan Spiteri), Gianluca Sultana (35′ Elland Vella), Diego Albanese, Brooke Farrugia (86′ Adam Smeir), Neil Tabone, Andre Farrugia.
Subs not used: Glenn Zammit, Viktors Geraskins, Kyle Buttigieg, Gillmore Azzopardi.
Coach: Oroco Anonam
Asst. Coach: Brian Vella

Referee: Malcolm Spiteri
Assistant Referees: Thomas Debono, Alan Camilleri
Fourth Official: Mario Apap
Yellow Cards: Degabriele, Giordimaina, Carabott, Jalo