Blacks move top in Gozo

bov-gfa-leagues-logoChampions Ghajnsielem moved back on top in the BOV Gozo Football League First Division thanks to a 2-0 win over Kercem Ajax at the Gozo Stadium on Wednesday. Ferdinando Apap put the Blacks ahead on the 70th and Raphael Kooh Sohna converted a penalty eight minutes from time.

On Sunday, Ghajnsielem only managed to earn a point in a 3-3 draw by Oratory Youths. Bartomeu Perello Palou and Borja Polo Longarela gave the Youths a two-goal lead thanks to goals on the 7th and 21st. Raphael Kooh Sohna had a penalty partially saved by the Oratory goalkeeper but the same player, managed to reduce the gap on the 59th minute. Everton Felipe da Silva Santos made it 3-1 for Oratory on the 76th but the same player was sent off four minutes later. Ghajnsielem took full advantage and reduced the score through Ferdinando Apap on the 83rd and the same player equalised two minutes later.

Nadur Youngsters registered a third win as they beat Kercem Ajax 3-1 on Saturday. Dewide Dos Santos put the Youngsters ahead on the 13th, Milos Stojanovic doubled the score on the 64th and although Elton Vella pulled one back on the 72nd, Claudio Antunes made it 3-1 on the 87th. Trayo Grozev had a penalty saved by the Nadur goalkeeper in added time.

Xewkija Tigers were held in a 1-1 draw by SK Victoria Wanderers on Sunday. Thiago Melo Dos Santos put the Tigers ahead on the 12th minute but Igor Grkajac equalised on the 28th.

Victoria Hotspurs defeated bottom-placed Xaghra United 2-1 on Saturday thanks to goals by Kevin Farrugia on the 13th and Henrique Maciel on the 50th with Djibril Cisse notching the temporary equaliser on the 47th. On Wednesday, the Hotspurs shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw with neighbours Oratory Youths. Henrique Maciel put the Hotspurs ahead on the 18th but Oratory equalised thanks to an own goal three minutes from the end of the first half.

In the BOV Gozo Football League Second Division on Friday, Gharb Rangers joined Sannat Lions on top thanks to a narrow win over St. Laurence Spurs thanks to a goal by Saviour Fidelis on the hour at the Sannat Ground.

In another match, Zebbug Rovers defeated Munxar Falcons 5-2. Manwel Cordina put Zebbug ahead on the 21st and although Munxar had Paul Parnis sent off, Jordi Parnis equalised one minute from half-time. Josef Debrincat was sent off in added time for Zebbug and six minutes after the break, Francesco Cini put Munxar 2-1 ahead. Ikechukwu Igwemeke equalised on the 67th and after Ejofor Nkwocha increased the lead on the 85th, Anthony Zammit added another two goals in stoppage time for a final 5-2 score.