With just over seven weeks to go for the start of the Euro 2020 qualifying campaign, the Malta Football Association issued details about the ticketing concept and launched the sale of the fourth edition of the Goal Card for Malta’s home qualifiers between March and November this year during a press conference on Friday.
The press conference, held at the Trophies Lounge, was addressed by Dr Angelo Chetcuti, the Malta FA General Secretary, Norman Saliba, the Association’s Director of Marketing, and Dillon Mercieca, leader of the South End Core.
Dr Chetcuti announced a joint-initiative with the South End Core for the opening Euro 2020 qualifier against the Faroe Islands.
Tickets for the Millennium D sector will be given to the South End Core free of charge to encourage fans to give their support to the national team during the March 23 match at the National Stadium. Mercieca said the South End Core will be asking for a €3 donation for every ticket with part of the proceeds going to Puttinu Cares.
The focus of the press conference was the launch of the Goal Card.
Goal Card holders will again benefit from discounted prices for Malta’s home matches in Euro 2020 qualifying Group F, including the eagerly-awaited encounter with Spain at the National Stadium on March 26, 2019.
Those purchasing a Goal Card for Malta’s five Euro 2020 home qualifiers will save up to €40 on the costs for single-match tickets with further incentives offered to those who had acquired the Goal Card in the past.
The main benefits are:
- Savings on the prices of single matchday tickets
- A further 10% discount for previous GOAL CARD holders
- FREE ENTRANCE to the Millennium and South Stands to children under the age of 12 years (when accompanied by a parent/s or legal guardian/s) for four out of the five home qualifying matches. This incentive will be additional to the normal Football Social Responsibility initiatives regularly offered by the Malta FA for national team matches, including those for local football nurseries.
The Goal Card is now available for sale, until the end of the month – 28th February, 2019.
Ticket sales for Malta’s opening Euro 2020 Group F qualifiers – against Faroe Islands (March 23) and Spain (March 26) will commence at the end of the Goal Card campaign.
Euro 2020 Group F – Malta’s Home Calendar
Saturday – 23 March, 2019 MALTA vs FAROE ISLANDS
Tuesday – 26 March, 2019 MALTA vs SPAIN
Monday – 10 June, 2019 MALTA vs ROMANIA
Saturday – 12 October, 2019 MALTA vs SWEDEN
Monday – 18 November, 2019 MALTA vs NORWAY
Goal Card holders can also win one of a number of prizes, namely:
- A trip for 2 persons for one of Malta’s away EQ matches
- 2 persons to win 1 GOAL CARD for their partner
- 3 NEW National Team shirts to be won
- 3 persons to win a stadium tour on a Euro Qualifier matchday
How to apply for the GOAL CARD:
- Online by visiting www.mfa.com.mt
- By visiting the offices of the Malta Football Association, Level 2, Millennium Stand, National Stadium, Ta’ Qali, between 09.00hrs and 17.30hrs.
The offer is valid until 28th February, 2019. The Goal Card will be delivered to the applicant’s home address free of charge.
MATCHDAY TICKET PRICES FOR THE EURO 2020 QUALIFIERS:
|SPAIN||€ 30||€ 15||€ 10||€ 10|
|SWEDEN||€ 20||€ 10||€ 8||€ 8|
|NORWAY||€ 20||€ 10||€ 8||€ 8|
|ROMANIA||€ 20||€ 10||€ 8||€ 8|
|FAROE ISLANDS||€ 20|
|Total||€ 110||€ 45||€34||€ 34|
|West C |
|SPAIN||n/a||€ 10||€ 5|
|Adults||€ 70||€ 35||n/a||€ 25|
Previous GOAL CARD buyers benefit from an additional 10% discount