Birkirkara issued a statement after Miguel Angel Alba reportedly signed for Club Deportivo Jorge Wilstermann in Bolivia hardly two weeks after signing a contract with Birkirkara FC.
In view of the recent events that has happened in the last two days, Birkirkara FC would like to clarify the situation of their player, Miguel Angel Alba
1. The club announced the signing of player Miguel Angel Alba on Wednesday, 26 June, on the club’s official website and social media at 15:00 (GMT+2) after the player signed a contract with our club in the presence of the club’s president, Mr. Frank Zarb and the team’s manager, Mr. Jeffrey Farrugia, as shown in the photo of the announcement.
2. The player started training with our club on Wednesday, 26 June, just a few hours after his announcement of signing a contract with our club.
3. The player attended all training sessions the team held between Wednesday, 26 June and Saturday, 6 July 2019. The team trained a total of ten (10) sessions during these dates and the player was always present.
4. The player left the country without any notification. He was announced as the new signing of Bolivian Club, Club Deportivo Jorge Wilstermann on Sunday, 7 July, 20:30 (GMT+2).
5. On Monday, 8 July, few moments before the training session scheduled at 18:00 (GMT+2), the wife of the player informed a club official that Miguel Alba has left the country. The reason given was that the mother of the player was sick.
6. In evening of Monday, 8 July, sports news in Bolivia started to circulate that Miguel Alba has already signed with a club in Malta. Several sports media started to make contact with the club.
7. Precisely at 18:15, the club received an official request from Club Deportivo Jorge Wilstermann on the situation of the player. The club would like to show its appreciation that the Bolivian club has already made contact with our club.
In view of this situation, the club would like to confirm that its seeking its legal rights on this matter.