Izibet FA Trophy: Another nine teams through to Round of 32

Melita, Tarxien Rainbows, Marsaxlokk, Fgura United, Vittoriosa Stars, National Amateur League sides Marsaskala and Zabbar St. Patrick and Gozitan sides Nadur Youngsters and Xewkija Tigers joined Zebbug Rangers and St. George’s; the teams who were awarded a bye, namely Luqa St. Andrew’s, Swieqi United, Marsa, Ghajnsielem, Pembroke Athleta and Zejtun Corinthians and the twelve Premier League clubs in the Round of 32 of the Izibet FA Trophy as another nine Preliminary Round matches were played on Wednesday.

At the Kercem Arkafort Stadium, Melita came from behind to beat SK Victoria Wanderers 3-1 after extra-time.

Fabricio Rozkiewicz put the Wanderers ahead on the 43th but Christopher Baker forced extra-time with a goal six minutes from time. In extra-time, goals by Matthew Debattista on the 94th and Mattia Comes on the 98th put Melita in the next round.

In another match at the Kercem Arkafort Stadium, Marsaskala defeated Sannat Lions on penalties following a 1-1 draw at the end of the ninety minutes and extra-time. Henry Fabian Solis put Sannat ahead on the hour and nine minutes from time, Joseph Chetcuti levelled matters.

In the penalty shoot-out, Dylan Zarb, Dario Aquilina, Nicholas Zammit and Tyron Hili scored the four penalties for Marsaskala with Matthew Neilson Pulis missing out. Sannat’s penalties were scored by Henry Fabian Solis, Dylan Bellotti and Nebojsa Biculjevic with Lorjean Xuereb and Lucas Baretto da Silva missed for Sannat.

At the Centenary Stadium, Tarxien Rainbows came from behind to beat Senglea Athletic 2-1 after extra-time.

Lucas Mancuso Lemos dos Santos Ferreira handed Senglea the lead on the 35th but Daneel Abela equalised on the 46th. In the last minute of the first half of extra-time, Carlos da Silva Conceição Filho notched the winner for Tarxien.

At the Gozo Stadium, Nadur Youngsters registered a most comfortable 7-0 win over Oratory Youths.

Stefan Cassar put Nadur ahead on the 12th, Ederson Bruno Domingos doubled the score on the 31st and seven minutes later, Marcelo Barbosa Junior made it 3-0 Five minutes in the second half, Stefan Cassar scored a fourth goal and three minutes later, Jordi Parnis made it 5-0. Cassar completed his hat-trick on the 61st with Parnis adding another on the 90th.

At the Sirens Stadium, Xewkija Tigers stunned Qrendi, beating them 4-1.

Ian Zammit put Qrendi ahead after just four minutes but just before the end of the first half, Matthias Mercieca levelled matters. Haruna Shola Shodija converted a penalty five minutes in the second half and Emiliano Lattes made it 3-1 two minutes later. John Axiaq scored Xewkija’s fourth on the 56th minute.

At the Victor Tedesco Stadium, Marsaxkokk defeated Kercem Ajax 5-2 after extra-time.

Jeremy Delmar put Marsaxlokk ahead on teh 14th but Euller da Silva Rodrigues equalised a minute later. Xuan Cappellino converted a penalty on the 48th but ten minutes later, da Silva Rodrigues scored again to make it 2-2. The game went into extra-time and on the 98th, Capellino converted another penalty. Ryan Tonna made it 4-2 at the end of the first half of extra-time and ten minutes in the second half of extra-time, Cappellino completed his hat-trick.

At the Centenary Stadium, Zabbar St. Patrick defeated Mqabba 3-0.

Gianluca Zammit put Zabbar ahead on the 3rd minute and eight minutes later, Francesco Gusman doubled the score. Michael Camilleri converted a penalty on the 63rd minute to deal the issue.

At the Victor Tedesco Stadium, Fgura United beat Lija Athletic 4-0.

Donys Aldair Quintero scored twice on the 21st and 30th to put Fgura two goals ahead and one minute from the end of the first half, Dylan Caruana made it 3-0. Jose Costa Silva Ewertton sealed the issue with a penalty on the 61st.

At the Sirens Stadium, a brace by Quincy Bregman on the 69th and 89th handed Vittoriosa Stars a 2-0 win over Mellieha.