The Malta FA has communicated practical information in relation to the eagerly awaited EURO 2024 Qualifying match between Malta and Italy, being played on Sunday 26th March at the National Stadium, Ta’ Qali (kick-off 20:45hrs).
- Gates open at 18.45.
- A Fan zone is being organised at the Ta’ Qali National Park as of 14:00hrs.
- No tickets can be purchased on the day from the National Stadium. All tickets have been sold.
- Spectators are reminded to ensure that tickets in their possession are purchased from the Malta FA. A number of fake profiles have been noticed purportedly selling tickets on social media platforms. Caution is to be exercised in this regard.
- Fans are reminded to get to the stadium well in advance of kick-off time. They shall proceed to their respective sector and seat as indicated on their ticket.
- Everyone is encouraged to follow signage and directions given by stewards and match personnel.
Road access to the National Stadium
- Following a period of closure, Triq San Gakbu (where the Sunday market is situated) will be open for traffic and parking.
- The National Stadium ring road (perimeter) will be closed all day from Sunday early morning. The general public is to follow the traffic management plan indicated as well as the direction of the police.
- Access to Ta’ Qali by car is possible through the following points:
- Central Link (Attard – Rabat)
- Triq Durumblat;
- Attard (pitkalija side).
- Blue badge holders may use any parking spaces designated for them depending on availability. The Malta FA will make a number of additional spaces available for those persons making use of a wheelchair who have purchased tickets for the match. Requests to be sent to TICKETS@MFA.COM.MT
- Parking is possible in those car parks open to the general public (see map)
- Nursery transport vehicles are to park in a reserved parking area in front of the BOV adventure park.
- Fans are encouraged to either car pool or to use public transport as much as possible. The Malta Public Transport is providing additional bus service to and from the stadium. Drop-off and pick-up will be from the road leading to the Millennium Stand (see map).
- Extra bus service and special trips to and from Ta`Qali being provided by the Malta Public Transport are as follows:
|Special Trip||From||To||Departures||Passing through|
|Valletta Terminus “C2”||Valletta Terminus “C2”||Ta` Qali||17:45, 18:15, 18:30, 18:45, 19:00, 19:15, 19:25, 19:35, 19:45, 19:55.||Hamrun – Santa Venera – Mriehel to Ta Qali.|
|Pembroke P&R||Pembroke P&R||Ta`Qali||19:00, 19:15, 19:30, 19:40.|
|Extra Routes||From||To||Departures Time|
|Extra Trips on Route 202 from Sliema||Sliema||Ta`Qali||18:00, 19:00, 19:15|
|Ta`Qali||Valletta||22:40 22: 50.|
|Ta`Qali||Pembroke||22:40, 22:45, 22:55|
|Ta`Qali||Sliema||22:40 and 22:50.|
|Ta`Qali||Bugibba||22:40, 22:45, and 22:55|
- There will be two taxi drop-off and pick-up points: one at the intersection between Vjal l-Istadium Nazzjonali Ta’ Qali and the Ta’ Qali Crafts Village, and the other at the intersection of Triq il-Pitkali and Triq San Ġakbu.
Park and Ride
- A park-and-ride service is being organised by the MPT from Triq tal-Infetti (under the Mdina Bastions, leading to Saqqajja Hill).
- Access to the park and ride is only from Saqqajja Hill.
- The shuttle service will depart from Triq Infetti at the following times: 19:10, 19:30, 19:50, 20:10, and 20:30. After the match, the shuttle service will depart from Ta Qali to Triq Infetti at 22:40, 23:00, and 23:20.
The police will conduct security checks and body searches on spectators outside the turnstiles to ensure that:
- Spectators enter the correct area of the stadium.
- Spectators do not bring any objects/substances into the stadium that are likely to be used in acts of violence, or alcohol or fireworks of any kind.
- Access is prohibited to persons who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- While spectators are encouraged to wave the Malta flag, any flags or banners may not be permitted if deemed offensive or potentially dangerous.
Official matchday programme
- The Official Matchday Programme can be purchased from the stadium entrances and from the Fan Zone at the Malta National Parks.
Will the matches be televised?
Yes this game will be broadcast live by the Official Broadcaster, PBS on TVMSports+.
Will persons with limited mobility have designated space in stands?
Persons with limited mobility and their carers are designated to stay in the Millennium Stand. They are to email firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing their ticket. The ticketing department will help allocate space and give assistance on the day.
Do tickets have seat numbers?
Only West Stand has seat numbers (Row A is the top most one and the rest follow in alphabetical order). The rest of the stadium is free seating.
I still haven’t found an answer to my query?
Please email us on email@example.com Alternatively you can call on the helpline +356 2338 6251