Hotspurs eliminated from BOV GFA Cup

BOV Gozo Football League First Division leaders Victoria Hotspurs were eliminated from the BOV GFA Cup after losing 1-2 to Kercem Ajax in one of the six first round matches in programme during the weekend at the Kercem Ajax Stadium.

Elton da Silva put the Hotspurs ahead two minutes in the second half thanks to a penalty but eleven minutes later, Ognjen Rolovic equalised and the same player notched the winner three minutes from time.

Moses Nwankwo was the hero for Gharb Rangers as he scored four in a 4-0 win over Xaghra United with goals on the 10th, 73rd, 74th and 77th.

Xewkija Tigers defeated Sannat Lions 5-1. Claudio Antunes opened the scoring on the 19th and six minutes later, Moussa Bamba doubled the score. Cadu added another on the 33rd and a minute later, Thiago Melo Dos Santos increased the lead with Thomas Vella scoring a fourth two minutes from the end of the first half. Nicholas Micallef scored a consolation goal for the Lions on the 76th minute.

Nadur Youngsters registered a 6-3 win over Munxar Falcons. Samuel Muscat put the Falcons ahead on the 17th minute but Nadur equalised thanks to a Dewide dos Santos penalty two minutes later and Brandon Said made it 2-1 on the 28th. Five minutes later, Marko Markovic increased the lead but Michael Matthias Uzor scored a second goal for Munxar on the 64th. Nadur hit back with a brace by Dewide Dos Santos on the 71st and 77th with Josef Buttigieg scoring a sixth goal on the 79th. Samuel Muscat reduced the gap for Munxar one minute from time.

Oratory Youths defeated Zebbug Rovers by the odd goal in seven. Charles Mercieca put the Youths ahead on the 6th minute but Josef Debrincat equalised on the 13th. Ralph Ebube Okpokwu restored the lead on the 33rd but seven minutes later, Botshelo Gibson Mfuluane levelled matters on the 40th. Okpokwu scored another two goals for Oratory on the 55th and 70th with Mfuluane reducing the gap six minutes from time.

On the other hand, St Lawrence Spurs needed extra-time to beat Qala Saints 2-1. Mohammed Senussi Telessi opened the score on the 34th and Michael Mumford equalised on the 70th to force extra-time. Just before the end of the first half of extra-time, Mohammed Senussi Telessi notched the winner for the Spurs.