The Malta Football Association, in collaboration with the Police, would like to communicate the following traffic and crowd management arrangements for the EURO 2020 Group F qualifier between Malta and Sweden, being played this Saturday at the National Stadium, Ta’ Qali (kick-off 20.45):
VEHICULAR ACCESS TO THE NATIONAL STADIUM
• The National Stadium ring road (perimeter) will be closed from 8 a.m. on Saturday.
• Fans are encouraged to pass through Pitkali Road or Triq Durumblat on their way to the National Stadium on matchday.
• The Crafts Village area is to be avoided due to on-going road works.
• There are a number of public parking facilities en route to the National Stadium, marked in light blue on the attached map.
• It is recommended that guests driving to the stadium use the public parking facilities surrounding the National Stadium as access to the zones marked in red is restricted to those in possession of a dedicated parking pass.
STADIUM OPENING TIME – 18.45HRS
• Gates open at 18.45
• The official Fanzone for the Malta-Sweden match is located at the Ta’ Qali picnic area, within walking distance from the Millennium Stand. The Fanzone opens at 15.00 on matchday.
• The road leading to the Fanzone from the BOV Adventure Park will be closed for traffic with access being granted only to attendees who have a parking pass for the Basketball Complex. There are dedicated parking facilities for coaches and mini-buses carrying supporters and club nurseries’ members near the BOV Adventure Park.
• The Malta FA urges the general public to follow the instructions given by the police officers, Transport Malta officials, stadium staff and security personnel on matchday.