The Malta Football Players Association announced that as from this year, it will recognised the performances of the Best XI players from the BOV Women’s League. The same format as the BOV Premier League Best XI will be used.
The 33 nominees have been selected by the coaches of the teams in the women’s league. The MFPA thanked these coaches as well as correspondent Gianluca Lia and women’s national team coach Mark Gatt for their invaluable contribution.
Only players from the women’s league, who are members of MFPA will be the ones that vote for the Best XI. Those who want to vote but are not as yet MFPA members can join now: https://www.maltafpa.com/member-registration
The nominees for the Best XI are:
- goalkeepers Jodie Attard and Vesna Vitanova (Swieqi), Janice Xuereb (Birkirkara);
- left backs Michela Bonello Ghio (Raiders), Rodiana Borg (Mgarr) and Jade Flask (Swieqi);
- right backs Rebecca Bajada (Mgarr), Yasmeen Bajada (Birkirkara) and Jade Schembri (Swieqi);
- centre back Leanne Cefai (Mgarr), Jessica Dimech and Charlene Zammit (Swieqi), Stephania Farrugia and Ann-Marie Said (Birkirkara), Liis Pello (Kirkop);
- midfielders Brenda Borg and Amber Grech (Mgarr), Kayleigh Chetcuti, Dorianne Theuma and Shona Zammit (Swieqi), Maya Lucia (Raiders), Veronique Mifsud, Tracy Teuma and Gabriella Zahra (Birkirkara);
- forwards Yulya Carella (Mosta), Francesca Chircop (Mgarr), Raina Giusti, Christabel Oduro and Alishia Sultana (Birkirkara), Demi Magrin and Emma Xuereb (Swieqi), Sarah Urpani and Rodianne Zerafa (Kirkop).